Amazon has a gadget called Echo Connect. With it, you can use your compatible Echo device to call any number supported by your home phone service provider. Including 911.
Once you have Echo Connect, you can sync the contacts from your smartphone in the Alexa App so you never have to look up a number. Simply say “Alexa call 911,” and it will call emergency services for you.
Setting up your Echo Connect is easy. Before you get started with Echo Connect:
- Use your smartphone to sign up for Alexa Calling and Messaging.
- Make sure your phone or VoIP service setup is complete.
- Place Echo Connect in a location that is close to a power outlet, phone jack, and your Wi-Fi router. It doesn’t need to be near your existing handsets or Echo devices.
Once you’re finished with those steps, set up your Echo Connect with these steps:
- Turn on Echo Connect – Plug the included power adapter into Echo Connect, and then into a power outlet. The power LED light on the top of the device is solid when the device has power.
- Connect to a phone jack – Plug one end of the included telephone cable into the back. Plug the other end of the cable into:
- A standard telephone jack (for landline phone service)
- A Wi-Fi router (for digital phone service)
- Analogue Telephone Adapter (for VoIP phone service)
- Complete Wi-Fi setup in the Alexa app on your smartphone – From the Alexa app menu, select Settings >> Set up a new device and follow the instructions.
That’s it, that’s all you need to do to have Alexa make hands-free calls for you. It’s not just a great tool for emergency situations. It’s also helpful for making regular calls to friends and family.
Because Echo uses your home phone number, family and friends will be able to recognize the call. You can even answer your home phone on your Echo from across the room, so you can easily talk to anyone hands-free when you’re busy or away from the phone.
You can buy an Echo Connect from Amazon for under $35. It’s the perfect addition to your home. Order yours today while you’re thinking about it by simply clicking the link below, you’ll be glad that you did.
Original Article Found Here.